Thursday, July 21, 2005

Trouble in Mind (E)

(E7)
I'm blue
(A)
but I won't
(F#7)
be blue always

It starts when you feel empty.
You begin to act out that emptiness with others.
Painful choice:
Spiritual suicide with collateral damage to loved ones
OR
continued despair?
No matter what you choose
you become infected
with a malaria
of your spirit.

Such a common situation-
the unstated conspiracy among men:
"keep it on the side
live the lie
Don't risk the financial,
live with it
keep it together.
What?
You are out of your goddammed mind.
Destroying your life, for what-love?
Freedom?
Don't be a fool!

A terrible toll.
Damage of living hypocrisy
or the damage of goodbye.
But hey,
I've always been a Sex Pistols kind of guy
in a Bob Seger kind of town.
Turn the page...

E E7
Trouble in mind, I'm blue
A F#7
But I won't be blue always,
E C#7
You know the sun's gonna shine
F#7 B7 E
And brighten my backdoor some day.

Trouble.mp3

© Copyright 2005 Shroud Press

No comments: