Monday, June 12, 2006

pO-eT-icKs

pO-eT-icKs
bum, bet-ticks
its all in my heads
these fast tricks
stand down
cause I am
frene-ticks
and I'll bust one
loose in your
pathetics

Cause I am full
of hustle and Joe
don't stop my flow
I know
and you know
I know,
ya know?
so don't talk
just gawk
and listen to my
bell-ow

I'm not looking for
your applause to make a show
and hear later
about how much
I feel moved.
Sitting there
stone-faced.

I'll go one step further
I don't think you're
looking to be moved
or feel anything
either.
You only want an
echo
the sound of your
own puny voice
reflected back
to you
for all to hear
so force- full
so proud,
so amazingly singular
so loud.
Bouncing off the buildings
bouncing off the walls
so astounding
that no one,
not one
single person
in the whole history
of this
goddamm stupid fucking race
(excuse me "races")
has ever
thought,
written,
spoken the words
that drop from my (your)
mouth
at this very moment
like pearls (right now)
into a
pig pen of self-desire (plop).

And I should have ended right there
Yes, and be done, my friends,
tight
concise
poetic
bom diddie
bom diddie
bom diddie
bom
but nooooooooooooooooo
I am full
of rhyme and poetry
the recorder has
plenty of tape
and my allotted 5 minutes
are only half done
so no
I'll go on
and on
and continue to
thrill to the sound of
my own voice
to mine own
voice be true
If only to
impress the tits
next to me
if only to
air out my tonsils
if only to
keep my place
in the poetic lunch line
(mmm shepherds pie).
If only
on the off chance
that next week
someone in the coffee
shopmight possibly recognize
the sound of my voice
"de-caff soy chai latte, please."

"Say, aren't you that POET
who writes fake poems?"

And I'll say,

"Uh-no, you must have me confused
with someone who cares..."

I have a heart full of hate
for you
and you
and most especially
y
o
u



© Copyright 2006 Shroud Press

No comments: