Thursday, July 14, 2005

the way (but not tao)

This is the way it does start,
this is the way it goes.
Wish my hands were as smooth
and as solid as my pen.
Ahhh the seductive track love takes....
I used to have money, kid, you had dreams.
Almost learned my lesson too late. But it's worth the bargain bin
I live in,
the freedom's not in the things you buy but how you live.
The times I felt most alive had nothing to do with the cash balance in my savings account. Agreed, cash grants easier access to some things, i.e. driving a girlfriend's convertible Porsche Boxter 120 miles an hour on the downtown connector @ 2 in the morning-but it is not required.
I have felt just as connected to the elemental and in touch with mammy nature sitting perched on my commode.

© Copyright 2005 Shroud Press

No comments: